Pancakes or hotcakes are very popular because they are delicious are easy to make. With an egg, melted butter, milk, flour, salt, a few more ingredients depending on your liking and a normal frying pan, you are good and ready to go.
You might be tempted to share your hotcakes with your kitty, it’s not recommended since it has milk and butter. Most kitties are intolerant to lactose in milk and dairy products.
Instead, you can make your cat their own pancakes using this simple recipe, This will save you the agony of worrying about these pets eating what is not right for them. It will be a wonderful treat.
- A cup of ground meat or chicken
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of catnip (has a calming effect).
- Put the meat into a bowl and add catnip into it, beat the egg into the bowl and mix it well before finally adding your oatmeal and again thoroughly mixing these ingredients.
- Knead your mixture into small round balls and flatten them
- Put them in your oven and grill them at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius for about 8-10 minutes.
- Alternatively, instead of grilling them, you can panfry them. Heat your non-stick pan at medium heat, grease it with olive oil and fry them on both sides.
- Cool them for about half an hour.
- Cut them into smaller pieces before serving them to your feline friend.
It is with pure joy watching your kitten or cat eating the pancakes you made and there are several other recipes you will get online.
Our only caution is to ensure all the ingredients suggested are ok for your kitty. Avoid those that use dairy products or milk since most adult cats are lactose-intolerant and it can result in stomach upsets and diarrhea.
Also, avoid those that have a lot of carbohydrates and less of proteins since these pets are obligate carnivores whose diet should be high in proteins, have moderate amounts of fats and little amounts of carbohydrates.